PROFESSIONAL 3D CAD SOFTWARE THAT PACKS A PUNCH! BUT WON’T BREAK THE BANK
ViaCAD Pro places the full power of 3D designing right at your fingertips. ViaCAD Pro’s precision solid modeling and drafting toolsets make it perfect for those who do CAD design as part of their profession. The addition of mesh-based modeling coupled with subdivision technology makes creating 3D conceptual drawings a snap. It also contains 2D switching, so you can toggle back and forth between 2D and 3D views as needed.
VIACAD PRO CAN HELP YOU DESIGN PROJECTS SUCH AS:
COMPATIBILITY AND FILE SHARING
ViaCAD Pro software plays nice with others. ViaCAD Pro is compatible with AutoCAD® with up-to-date DWG import and export capabilities. So your team will be able to work together without forcing everyone to be on the same brand of CAD software.
ViaCAD Pro is also compatible with over a dozen popular CAD and Graphics formats, so you’ll be able to deliver files that can be opened and edited by users of other popular design software. In our newest release (version 12) you can import PDF and Adobe Illustrator files, and be able to import/export SketchUp 2019 and Collada files.
- ViaCAD provides compatibility with AutoCAD® DWG files
- DXF/DWG versions from R12 to 2019
- STL Import/Export for 3D printing
- SVG Import and Export
- 3MF Import & Export
- VMRL 2.0 Texture Support
- OBJ Texture Support
- Adobe Illustrator® Import
- PDF Import
- SketchUp 2019 Import/Export
- Collada™ (DAE) Import/Export
- Complete support for Metric and Imperial units
VIACAD PRO MAKES ADVANCED 3D AND 2D DESIGN WORK SEEM EASY
Get professional quality CAD design output without pulling your hair out. Our software includes a wide selection of tools so that the right tool for the task is just a mouse click away. ViaCAD Pro has 3D mesh modeling capability with subdivision technology to go from coarse to smooth surfaces. You (and your customers) will be blown away the photorealistic rendering of your finished designs.
- Design complex organic shapes with extensive NURB surface modeling tools
- 2D Geometric and Dimensional Constraints to manage geometrical relationships between 2D shapes
- Push/Pull Modeling allows 3D surfaces to be edited with your mouse and cursor
- Powerful 3D editing tools such as blending, chamfering, and shelling
- Architectural and woodworking tools such as rabbet, miter and dovetail joints
- Extensive 2D drafting tools such as text, dimensions, 3D to 2D drawing, bill of materials
- Multiple Viewports provide 2, 3 even 4 views of your design and drawing between them
- Integrated Photo Realistic Rendering and support for Keyshot LiveLinking™
- And much more!
INTUITIVE DESIGN AND EDITING UTILITIES
Drawing precisely is easy with ViaCAD! We have designed it to be user friendly and intuitive to work with.
The LogiCursor™ anticipates your next action and guides your cursor to potential point selections in the drawing.
The Gripper adds drag and drop capabilities to make editing designs easy breezy.
Customizable Grids add another level of ease by providing precision drag and drop in rectangular, polar (circular), and isometric layouts.
PRECISION DRAFTING AND ANNOTATIONS
ViaCAD Pro is also a robust design documentation tool with over 20 customizable dimension styles, including industry dimension formats.
Other great features to help you document and annotate your projects include:
- 26-dimension styles
- Import bitmaps for logos and reference images
- Spell check is provided for another level of accuracy
- Single click Fills and Hatch
ARCHITECTURAL PLANNING TOOLS
ViaCAD Pro includes all the professional level architectural tools you and your team need to draft, print, and collaborate on projects together.
- Architectural wall tools
- Composite walls to show materials
- Parametric doors and windows
- Instant 3D walls, roofs, and floor slabs
- Compatibility with AutoCAD® DWG files
- ACIS®-based geometry means you are creating with the same technology as software that costs thousands of dollars
ViaCAD Pro includes tools to speed up your woodworking projects. You can quickly create otherwise tedious joints such as Dado joints and miter joints.
- Joints including rabbet, miter, and dovetails
- Dado joints including options for through, stopped or blind
- Edge treatments including cove, round, bullnose, Dupont, waterfall, Ogee, and custom
- Tongue & Groove
3D MODELING TOOLS
ViaCAD provides powerful solid modeling technology found in many higher-end products. Additionally, ViaCAD Pro delivers surface modeling tools to expand design capabilities.
- Feature-based History Tree for editing
- A complete design tool with extrusions, Booleans, surface modeling for more complex smooth surfaces
- Precise geometry suitable for 'concept to manufacturing'
- Associative surface modeling
3D PRINT CHECK
Checks for print viability, displaying warnings or errors to the user.
SURFACE NORMALS CHECK
Facet normals define the inside and outside areas of a part. If facet normals are pointing the wrong way, the 3D printer may have problems creating the part. This will check for problems and we have several commands that can help you fix it.
This will help you visually inspect modeling areas that may require structural support for 3D printing. Meshes, surfaces, and solids facets normals are compared to the work plane direction. Angles that are less or equal to 45 degrees are highlighted as red.
WALL THICKNESS ANALYSIS
This tool provides a means to visually inspect modeling areas that may be too thin for 3D printing. Meshes, surfaces, and solids facets are examined using ray intersections.
This interface will help you to slice models given a direction and thickness. The dialog box allows for animation through the slices and single-stepping. Use to verify that a part has closed, non-overlapping sections, a requirement for 3D printing.
The Auto Position tool translates the model to the positive x, y coordinate system at z=0.
Manually adds geometry to support material as it is created by the 3D printer. Support structures controls, include Attach Radius, Midpoint Radius, Base Radius, Base Thickness, and Drag base and midpoints to modify structure location.
SHOW PRINTER VOLUME
Toggles the boundary of the default 3D Printer. The volume is defined within the Printer Definitions dialog box.
Sets key parameters of the 3D printer, including length, width, and height of the volume accessible by the printer. The parameters in the Printer Definitions dialog box are used for commands such as 3D Print Check and Auto Position.
3D DESIGN ADVANCEMENTS
This tool will divide a mesh into two portions based on a cutting plane. Split Mesh is an ideal tool for those working with facetted data along with 3D printing manufacturing processes.
This advancement provides a means to add or remove material from a mesh body. Previous versions only allowed Boolean operations on ACIS based solids. Now with the introduction of mesh Booleans, you can add/remove material imported from STL, OBJ, 3DS, and SketchUp.
Our new Wrap tool will help you place text, company logos, or complex 2D patterns onto 3D surfaces. The results are perfect for imprinting, embossing, or engraving.
This new visualization tool creates a soft shadow directly under a group of objects. This is an alternate to the default PhotoRendering method that uses a distant light offset.
WEIGHT AND VOLUME TABLES
Whether you’re designing an aircraft, automobile, or picnic table, weight is the key control parameter in design. Tracking the weight of materials is a key control parameter in design. V12 introduces a new Bill of Material (BOM) attribute specific for creating a summed weight table.
DRAFTING AND ANNOTATION UPDATES
BEST FIT LINE AND BEST FIT CIRCLE
Great for tracing precise curves over rough sketches. This tool will “best fit” a line or circle from a sample collection of points.
ANGULAR TOLERANCE UPDATES
The Angular Tolerance interface has been updated to dynamically provide input from the Inspector dialog box.
SAVE LAYERS WITH VIEW
Now you have the ability to save layers associated with view orientations.
REPEAT PREVIOUS COMMAND
This “right click” feature will save you lots of time by maintaining a list of last-used drawing commands. Select an item in the list to quickly change the current tool.
Now you can work with file types from these other programs:
- PDF Import
- Adobe Illustrator Import
- SketchUp 2019 Import/Export
- Collada (DAE) Import/Export
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.