EASY TO USE, INCREDIBLY POWERFUL 2D DRAFTING AND DESIGN SOFTWARE
ViaCAD 2D is the perfect gateway for people who are new to using using CAD software or those who only need to create two dimensional designs, plans, and drawings. We include over 275 drawing tools that do all the hard work for you. It is small budget friendly, yet powerful enough to build big projects.
VIACAD 2D CAN HELP YOU DESIGN PROJECTS SUCH AS:
- Architectural drawings
- Remodeling plans
- Floor plans
- Interior design layouts
- Landscape design plans
- Electrical diagrams
- Mechanical designs
- DIY projects
- Invention mock ups
- Graphics and technical illustrations
COMPATIBILITY AND FILE SHARING
ViaCAD software plays nice with others. ViaCAD is compatible with AutoCAD® with up-to-date DWG import and export capabilities. So your team will be able to work together without forcing everyone to be on the same brand of CAD software.
ViaCAD is also compatible with over a dozen popular CAD and Graphics formats, so you’ll be able to deliver files that can be opened and edited by users of other popular design software. In our newest release (version 12) you can import PDF and Adobe Illustrator files, and be able to import/export SketchUp 2019 and Collada files.
- ViaCAD provides compatibility with AutoCAD® DWG files
- DXF/DWG versions from R12 to 2020
- STL Import/Export
- Adobe Illustrator® Import
- PDF Import
- SketchUp 2020 Import/Export
- Collada™ (DAE) Import/Export
- Complete support for Metric and Imperial units
VIACAD 2D INCLUDES OVER 275 DRAWING AND EDITING TOOLS
Create precision drawings with the industry standard tools you expect, and some innovative ones that will absolutely delight you. Each drawing tool has multiple options for creating objects in your designs. Powerful tools such as rectangular and polar (circular) arrays help you create more precise and complicated patterns. A complete toolkit of trimming options is available to help you make modifications. The included ‘Region Trim' will do in one click, what most programs take dozens of steps to achieve.
- Points, Lines, Arcs, Circles, Ellipses, Splines
- 2D Geometric and Dimensional Constraints to manage geometrical relationships between 2D shapes
- Drawing tools provide multiple methods for creating
- Copy/Move, Scale, Rotate, Mirror, and Stretch
- Rectangular array with X and Y controls
- Polar array with customizable angles and spacing
- Trimming tools include Trim, Extend, and Break
- Customizable Fillet and Chamfer
- And much more!
INTUITIVE DESIGN AND EDITING UTILITIES
Drawing precisely is easy with ViaCAD! We have designed it to be user friendly and intuitive to work with.
The LogiCursor™ anticipates your next action and guides your cursor to potential point selections in the drawing.
The Gripper adds drag and drop capabilities to make editing designs easy breezy.
Customizable Grids add another level of ease by providing precision drag and drop in rectangular, polar (circular), and isometric layouts.
PRECISION DRAFTING AND ANNOTATIONS
ViaCAD 2D is a robust design documentation tool with over 20 customizable dimension styles, including industry dimension formats.
Want to import a 3D model you created in other software, so you can document it in ViaCAD 2D? You can do that with our Auto 3D to 2D feature that will create multiple 2D views.
Other great features to help you document and annotate your projects include:
- 26-dimension styles
- Import bitmaps for logos and reference images
- Spell check is provided for another level of accuracy
- Single click Fills and Hatch
ARCHITECTURAL PLANNING FEATURES
You can create scaled building drawings and room layouts with ViaCAD 2D.
For example, custom walls are drawn using thickness for different components, allowing you to present the real-world wall sizes and dimensions of the materials that make up the walls.
Other great architectural design features include:
- Walls are automatically trimmed at intersections
- Custom wall components allow you differentiate interior and exterior walls visually
- Insert intelligent doors and windows with “drag and drop” placement
- Instant architectural detailing with automatic dimensioning or customize your own labels for doors and windows with callouts
DRAFTING AND ANNOTATION UPDATES
BEST FIT LINE AND BEST FIT CIRCLE
Great for tracing precise curves over rough sketches. This tool will “best fit” a line or circle from a sample collection of points.
ANGULAR TOLERANCE UPDATES
The Angular Tolerance interface has been updated to dynamically provide input from the Inspector dialog box.
SAVE LAYERS WITH VIEW
Now you have the ability to save layers associated with view orientations.
REPEAT PREVIOUS COMMAND
This “right click” feature will save you lots of time by maintaining a list of last-used drawing commands. Select an item in the list to quickly change the current tool.
Now you can work with file types from these other programs:
- PDF Import
- Adobe Illustrator Import
- SketchUp 2020 Import/Export