GET STARTED IN CAD WITH DESIGNCAD
DesignCAD is a versatile and easy-to-use 2D CAD program. Access hundreds of 2D drafting and design tools through an intuitive interface to quickly and easily produce accurately scaled, precision designs! It’s perfect for:
- Architectural Drawings – Draw professional-quality floorplans, elevations, and plot plans with ease.
- Engineering Layouts – Double-precision accuracy allows the highest degree of tolerance and design control.
- Shop Drawings – Entering specific values for dimensions, diameter and radius allows you to draw accurate mechanical parts.
- Home Projects – Create do-it-yourself landscaping designs and indoor/outdoor home improvements.
- Other CAD Needs – Create electronic schematics, plats, mapping, flow charts and more.
This latest release offers several new features, including: support for AutoCAD 2020 drawing files; PDF underlay support, a Line Distance tool, Best Fit Circle and Line tools. Adobe Illustrator (AI) import and ability to use as an underlay, and SketchUp 2020 Import and Export.
EASY TO USE
DesignCAD offers simple operations, intuitive drawing tools, editing commands, and extensive online help to make it easy for you to quickly get started using CAD.
FAST, POWERFUL COMMANDS
Drawing shortcuts, horizontal and vertical cursor mode, and cursor step size enable you to make faster and more accurate drawings. Shortcut keys and dynamic toolbars can make commonly used commands a snap!
FULL FEATURED 2D DRAFTING
You can draw virtually anything with DesignCAD’s sophisticated 2D drawing and editing features, advanced geometric construction capability, complete layer management, extensive text manipulation functions, dimensioning and annotation features.
AUTOCAD® 2020 .DWG/.DXF COMPATIBILITY & MORE
DesignCAD is able to import/export AutoCAD® files from R12 to 2020 with support for AutoCAD® layouts, PaperSpace, layers, line styles, views, and blocks in both DXF and DWG file formats. See the Key Features tab for a full list of compatible file formats.
Use the built-in BasicCAD scripting language, or OLE Automation, or both, to add new tools to the existing toolset.
EASY TO USE 2D DRAFTING & DESIGN
Intuitive yet sophisticated editing tools, advanced geometric construction capabilities, drawing short cut keys and complete layer management make 2D drafting a breeze.
- Usability Tools
- Workspace Tools
- Drawing Tools
- Editing and Measuring
- Dimension Tools
- Groups, Blocks, Symbols and more!
WINDOWS 64-BIT & 32-BIT COMPATIBLE
Choose from our traditional 32-bit version, or install the new 64-bit compatible version, that utilizes expanded computer memory to load, process, and render files of nearly any size.
DesignCAD offers smart menus that are initially presented with a shortened list of available menu commands to help reduce screen clutter. The menus can be expanded to show all items by clicking on the double arrows at the bottom of the menu. Great for learning, this option can be enabled or disabled depending on the user's preference.
DesignCAD utilizes layers that can be independently switched on and off in order for users to have a better visibility of the drawing. For example, if you just need to see the outline of a component, switch off other layers containing center lines, dimensions, etc.
DesignCAD can also lock layers, so that they are visible but not editable, in order to prevent accidental changes to the locked layer. Some features of objects, such as color or linestyle, can also be controlled on a per-layer basis.
Associative dimensions will automatically update as you change the size of the object they are associated with. For example, if a radial dimension is associated with a circle, when you change the radius of the circle using the Info Box, the associated radial dimension is automatically updated to match the new radius.
ADDED FLEXIBILITY WHEN SHARING YOUR WORK
- Print Section - Print only a specified region of the drawing.
- Print Scale Options - Select from a standard set of print scale options or create your own.
- Info Box - Roll out or more permanently open the info box to display the details of any selected object to help you speed through the design options, even if you’re still learning/span>
- User Notes – Add notes to any drawing/span>
- Save for Sharing - When you save a drawing, all files referenced externally (textures, symbols, images) are saved to a subfolder with the host drawing’s name.
- Paper Space Mode – Create a view frame and choose a specific scale or enter a custom view frame scale.
AUTOCAD® DWG/DXF COMPATIBLE
Work with the latest AutoCAD® files. Import/Export AutoCAD® files from R12 through 2020 and enjoy excellent compatibility with AutoCAD® layouts and PaperSpace, plus support for AutoCAD® layers, linestyles, views, and blocks in both DXF and DWG file formats. DesignCAD even offers limited support for Architectural Desktop (ADT) objects, which are recognized and exploded to DesignCAD equivalents.
DesignCAD can import, or open, leading CAD file formats including DWG, DXF, vector WMF, HPGL, and XYZ. DesignCAD can export or save to DWG, DXF, vector WMF, HPGL, PDF and SKP.
DesignCAD also supports several image formats including .BMP, .TIF, .JPG, .TGA, .PCX, .PNG, and .GIF
DesignCAD 2D is delivered in a 64-bit version to take full advantage of your hardware’s available computer memory to load, process, and render CAD files. A 32-bit version is also available if required by your hardware.
64-BIT SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS:
*DesignCAD is designed for desktops or laptops that meet the indicated system requirements. Windows RT technology for use on tablets is not supported.
Your experience with DesignCAD will be greatly enhanced with a newer generation, higher speed CPU; 4+ GB RAM; Large display resolution and graphics support; Internet connection for online features and content.
Microsoft Windows 10, Windows 8*, Windows 7, 4GB RAM; 750 MB free hard drive space
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely.